By Yang-Hann Kim,Jung-Woo Choi
Unique in addressing diverse difficulties – sound visualization and manipulation – in a unified way
Advances in sign processing expertise are permitting ever extra exact visualization of current sound fields and accurately outlined sound box construction. the belief of explaining either the matter of sound visualization and the matter of the manipulation of sound inside one booklet helps this inter-related region of study. With swift improvement of array applied sciences, it's attainable to do a lot when it comes to visualization and manipulation, between different applied sciences concerned with the spatial distribution of sound. This e-book goals to discover numerous simple services for the visualization and manipulation and exhibit to the reader how those houses be certain the standard of visualization and manipulation. the 1st 1/2 the booklet introduces a few simple and basic innovations and theories and the second one a part of the publication explains a few strategies in sound visualization and manipulation. It bargains a unified presentation to 2 very diverse issues - sound box visualization options in keeping with microphone arrays, and strategies for new release of managed sound fields utilizing loudspeaker arrays. The authors emphasize the similarities among those actual difficulties and among the mathematical equipment used for fixing them.
With broad examples in the course of the e-book, chapters comprise: Acoustic Wave Equation and its simple actual Measures, Acoustic Wave Equation and its easy actual Measures, uncomplicated concept of Sound Visualization, Acoustic Holography, Beamforming, uncomplicated idea of Sound Manipulation, Sound Focusing, and Sound box Reproduction.
- The first booklet to mix either the visualization and manipulation of sound applied sciences in a single complete volume
- Presents the fundamental strategies utilizing basic one dimensional situations after which extends the concept that to 3 dimensional instances, allowing more straightforward knowing of the elemental options by using minimal mathematics
- Provides an outstanding knowing of linked physics in addition to mathematical recommendations for figuring out the applied sciences, addressing diffraction difficulties in an built-in layout by utilizing Kirchhoff-Helmholtz imperative equation
- Uses broad examples demonstrating the advantages and disadvantages of varied purposes, together with beamforming and acoustic holography
A beneficial source forpost/graduate scholars, acoustic engineers, audio and noise keep watch over procedure developers
Read Online or Download Sound Visualization and Manipulation PDF
Similar acoustics & sound books
Distinctive in addressing assorted difficulties – sound visualization and manipulation – in a unified approach Advances in sign processing know-how are permitting ever extra actual visualization of current sound fields and accurately outlined sound box creation. the belief of explaining either the matter of sound visualization and the matter of the manipulation of sound inside one ebook helps this inter-related zone of research.
A superb creation to Sound and Vibration: No Formal history NeededThis moment version of basics of Sound and Vibration covers the actual, mathematical and technical foundations of sound and vibration at audio frequencies. It offers Acoustics, vibration, and the linked sign processing at a degree compatible for graduate scholars or practising engineers with having no previous formal education within the box.
Ultrasonics overseas ninety one is a documentation of convention complaints that discusses the prestige and way forward for acoustic microscopy and its program to fabrics examine, in particular targeting its quantitative analyses. Acoustic microscopy, utilizing targeted waves, has been receiving elevated realization as a know-how appropriate to fabrics characterization on the microscopic scale.
The publication covers the layout formulations for broadband beamformer focusing on nearfield and farfield assets. The booklet content material contains heritage details at the acoustic setting, together with propagation medium, the array geometries, sign types and easy beamformer designs. thus it introduces layout formula for nearfield, farfield and combined nearfield-farfield beamformers and extends the layout formula into electronically steerable beamformers.
- Sound and Vibrations of Positive Displacement Compressors
- Auditory and Vestibular Efferents: 38 (Springer Handbook of Auditory Research)
- Ocean Ambient Noise: Measurement and Theory (The Underwater Acoustics Series)
- Urban Air Pollution and Forests: Resources at Risk in the Mexico City Air Basin (Ecological Studies)
- Fundamentals of Medical Ultrasonics
- Theory of Nonlinear Acoustics in Fluids (Fluid Mechanics and Its Applications)
Extra resources for Sound Visualization and Manipulation