By Richard Mark French
Featuring chapters on physics, constitution, sound and layout specifics, Technology of the Guitar additionally contains assurance of historical content material, composition of strings and their results on sound caliber, and significant designs. also, writer Mark French discusses case stories of traditionally major and technologically cutting edge instruments.
This is an entire reference important for a large diversity of readers together with guitar producer staff, operating luthiers, and guitar fanatics who shouldn't have a technology or engineering background.
Read or Download Technology of the Guitar PDF
Best acoustics & sound books
Distinct in addressing diversified difficulties – sound visualization and manipulation – in a unified approach Advances in sign processing expertise are allowing ever extra exact visualization of latest sound fields and accurately outlined sound box construction. the belief of explaining either the matter of sound visualization and the matter of the manipulation of sound inside one publication helps this inter-related zone of analysis.
An excellent advent to Sound and Vibration: No Formal history NeededThis moment variation of basics of Sound and Vibration covers the actual, mathematical and technical foundations of sound and vibration at audio frequencies. It offers Acoustics, vibration, and the linked sign processing at a degree compatible for graduate scholars or training engineers with having no previous formal education within the box.
Ultrasonics overseas ninety one is a documentation of convention lawsuits that discusses the prestige and way forward for acoustic microscopy and its software to fabrics learn, specifically concentrating on its quantitative analyses. Acoustic microscopy, utilizing concentrated waves, has been receiving elevated recognition as a expertise appropriate to fabrics characterization on the microscopic scale.
The publication covers the layout formulations for broadband beamformer focusing on nearfield and farfield assets. The e-book content material comprises historical past details at the acoustic setting, together with propagation medium, the array geometries, sign types and easy beamformer designs. hence it introduces layout formula for nearfield, farfield and combined nearfield-farfield beamformers and extends the layout formula into electronically steerable beamformers.
- IUTAM Symposium on Reynolds Number Scaling in Turbulent Flow: Proceedings of the IUTAM Symposium held in Princeton, NJ, U.S.A., 11–13 September 2002 (Fluid Mechanics and Its Applications)
- Inverse Acoustic and Electromagnetic Scattering Theory: 93 (Applied Mathematical Sciences)
- Time Series with Mixed Spectra: Theory and Methods
- Experimentalphysik 1: Mechanik und Wärme (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition)
- Hörversuche: Ein Praxisleitfaden fürs Labor (De Gruyter Studium) (German Edition)
- Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducers: Noncontacting Ultrasonic Measurements using EMATs (Springer Series in Measurement Science and Technology)
Additional resources for Technology of the Guitar